https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pug Time, 5x7 Oil Painting by Kelley MacDonald



This is a very sweet little pug.  I can't remember who sent me this photo!  People have been so generous about sending images... well, she/he was a good 'model'.  I was aiming for looseness.  I can't tell, it being kind of late here, if the image is not the clearest.  If that is the case, I will swap it out for a sharper one tomorrow.  

This is the kind of day it was here:  street flooded with a broken water main, turning the driveway/yard and entire street into a frozen river; treated myself to a big cup of coffee, only to watch it slip out of my gloved hand on the way in to the studio as it bounced, intact, down 5 steps, rolled onto a carpet mat, and slowly (well, not really) the lid opened, dumping my entire coffee in a huge puddle on a clean carpet;  got my car swiped in the parking lot while I was teaching... and did I mention it was 16 degrees at it's warmest today, without factoring the wind chill?

But I had a great class (I love their energy, enthusiasm and seriousness~!).  Paco came to class today at the Art Club and was (mostly) quiet and well behaved, and the President of the club said he was always welcome, and when I got home my son and husband were wonderful, treating me to pizza that I did not have to make. :)  Life IS good.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, and I thought I had it bad when I had to wear a long-sleeve t-shirt out today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee incident would have set the tone of the whole day for me! LOL Glad you didn't let it get you down and the day ended on a wonderful note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama said there'd be days like this....
    Hope this one is better!
    Pugs are awesome Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelley, so sorry you had such a bad day ..... but, I have to admit I laughed at your post (sorry!).

    Your painting is wonderful with this pug and his expression. Good one!

    AND, yes, life is good! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails