https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Playing Around






Officially I'm 'off' this week, but I decided to pull out my old watercolors and play with a theme...  (I WAS planning on revamping my website but apparently 40,000 photos slow down a computer too much - who knew?)  I have a lot of images of sparrows on a white fence against a coral wall.  I painted with watercolor for about 10 years before I dipped my toes into oils...  I was always searching for a way to be freer, but then when the oil bug hit I was a gonner.  I'd love to study with Sean Thomas someday, but I have so MANY goals to achieve before that one!  So I just thought I'd show you what I was doodling with today.  Hope you're all in a Happy Christmas Cookie Coma...

12 comments:

  1. I think these are charming, Kelley!I love the looseness and the feeling of the paper being "stained."

    And are artists ever really "off"? Seems like even when I'm away from my studio, my mind is always plugged into artistic creation. We're so fortunate that our work is also our play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, what fun...play some more! yaye watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really nice Kelley! I love the vivid color in the first one and how your wash shows through on the last one! You were so smart in picking up your brush today. I work on my website and cleaned my studio. Didn't get to the painting part! lol Probably due to sugar overload. Happy Holidays Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see more. Looks like you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, love the colors of your background washes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Des petits moineaux pleins de charme et de délicatesse.
    Aujourd'hui ils ont froid... je leur donne des graines...
    Je vous renouvelle mes voeux pour 2012, afin que tout soit possible y compris le bonheur.
    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different ways you have painted the birds...very lively! Happy holidays. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is no secret that watercolor is my favorite of all mediums. I love these little birds on the fence. You haven't lost your touch, Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kell- if this is just your doodling? these are fabulous. Sweet and charming. Just love the control you had to use in each one. All a bit different and wonderful seeing the small changes in each. Giiiirrl, you can paint in oil and watercolor too. Been holding out on us!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love your watercolors! These are very Ellen Canter-ish! Playing is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these, Kelley! Especially the middle and bottom ones. So darling and beautiful! Like you, when I discovered the joy of oils I was hooked, but it's always fun (and beneficial) to get back to our other mediums now and then. Best wishes for a productive and beautiful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little birds! You do such nice compositions.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails