https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yellow Mums, 6x6 Oil

SOLD

Finally getting back in the grove and able to paint! Yesterday Mary Sheehan Winn and I painted together and she can attest that painting with Paco is no small feat! I was going to wipe this one off, but now, in light of the upcoming Summer shows and Open Studio Tours, I think I'll keep it. I think it's OK, but not wonderful, there's no life to it. You should check out Mary's at her blog, as well, it's far more of what I originally set out to do, and then ended up tight and boring.

Also - if you're on the Cape anytime now through May 31, please stop by the Cape Cod Art Associaiton, where I'm showing some of my Daily Paintings. Yes, they are priced slightly higher than on the blog ($125 and $150), but that's because of the frame. Below is a shot of the main wall.

14 comments:

  1. Uh Oh I'd better get my post up ;)

    This painting looks fabulous on the blog. I'm glad you didn't wipe it. I'm going to post mine 'as is'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this bouquet. It doesn't look flat from out here! You deserved time w/ your baby. Glad you treated yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley, Don't even think about wiping off this painting! I love the depth with the shodow, the colors, and the leaves in the vase. I also like seeing your paintings framed and hanging, very impressive as a group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Kelley, you were going to wipe this one??? It is beautiful, the shadows are striking. Have you discovered the joy of pug hair in your paint yet? Just another thing to look forward to.
    pughugs from me and the fatties...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much! the composition is good and the brushstrokes are really strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little vase of flowers, and how exciting to have a wall of all your own work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These yellow mums are great - so much vitality! I am glad you didn't wipe!

    Also, your art wall looks fabulous! Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dynamic painting, Kelley - beautiful! Plus it's great to see several of your painting on display - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mums are fabulous and that wall looks absolutely stunning girl! Congrats Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mums and the group of paintings look beautiful hung together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your paintings together on the wall....just looks soooo good! And the framing is beautiful. The little mums look fresh to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both said you're going to wipe it! Don't do it! This is marvelous. The shapes of the flowers are very poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice brushwork and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great angles, unusual shadow angle... very dynamic!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails