https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peppers In A Bowl, Oil 6x6



I spotted these little peppers in the market and just loved them - of course I don't know exactly what I'd cook with them (and wouldn't now that they've sat under my light to 'pose' for me!).  Anyway the light and shaded portions of them were interesting to work with.  I tried to keep the light parts very saturated with color, letting the shadow part get darker and 'grayer'.  They have such great shapes, too!

9 comments:

  1. awesome! so loose and free I love the brush strokes and composition, can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, Wow! This is really a good one!! I love the colors and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Conor I had a lot of fun doing this one! Nancy, wait till you see tomorrow's piece - it's the exact opposite of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous painting Kelley! Diane Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beauty! Great composition and I love the brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice one!
    -Joan Brancale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly,
    I love this painting! The subtle blues of the table, placement of the dish and pops of color from the peppers. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite! The brushwork is great. Especially that one lone pepper down at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails