https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Angel & Harp, 12x6 Inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald

$100 & $10 S&H

This painting was started the day after a talk I went to from the Liquitex Acrylic Paint Company at the Art Club.  There are at least 10 layers of paint, and it was very very hard to photograph because I mixed Iridescent Medium into the top layers of the painting, making it very reflective and prone to glare.  The background is a velvety deep blue, slightly lighter than pictured. 
  
She was inspired by a folk art angel that was given to me by my friend Sally Dean.  Since I started this project I've been given and sent all kinds of angel paraphernalia.  I have wings, photos, images, halos, angels, books, etc.  It's fabulous!

It may look that this type of painting is simple.  But that's where you'd be wrong.  Building up the layers and treating the paint like it was a 3rd partner in the painting (me, the subject and the whims of acrylic paint).  But though this angel is not 'named', no need to worry. Tomorrow…. look for Archangel Ariel.
:D

2 comments:

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails