https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Begonia And Larkspur, Days Cottages, Truro, 6x12, Acrylic


One more - a whimsical interpretation of the Days Cottages in Truro on Cape Cod - from my show at Nest.  I am so grateful that as of today 4 have sold - and the Opening isn't till Saturday.  I'm just WOWed!  The names of these two cottages (they are all named after flowers) are Begonia and Larkspur.  I love the light from the setting sun hitting the side of the cottage on the left.  Time and time again I return to this string of cottages up against Massachusetts Bay, and am captured by the romance of a week of escape... to just the sun, the sand and the sea....

I sent out an 'Event Invitation' on Facebook to my Opening on Saturday (622 High Street, Dedham), and was so technically inept I ended up 'publishing' it three times - the first two were incomplete - and I apologize to all my Facebook friends.  And thanks to my daughter Molly for coaching me through the revision... 

*No Painting Safari This Friday*
I couldn't complete a painting donation for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute Thursday because of the high humidity - Friday morning's the deadline!!!  Next week.  Take care!

16 comments:

  1. Kelley, Such beautiful colors! I love this, especially part with the pinkish sky showing between the two houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the show - love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly, I'm so excited for you about your show at Nest. Sure wish I could see it and come to the opening. Everything you've posted lately has been exceptional and I know you will sell even more than you already have. Enjoy every minute of it and keep on adding beauty to the world with your work!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one Kelley! Beautiful color and composition also. Best of luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting these cottages is like trying to paint a lighthouse and make it interesting..tough to do...BUT leave it to Kelley..I love this . Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this subject! Your colors are wonderful and I like the sky. Congratulations on all your sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh, this is a good one. Love the colors you created capturing the setting sun. I can really feel. Great subject, too. Have lots of fun at your show, I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed being there when you did this awesome one Kelley- and now because you cleaned your palette onto mine I went out and bought that blue!
    Congrats and hope to see you in the nest tomorrow.
    I will bring some twigs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your sales!! i'm sure there will be many more! this is wonderful as well...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the format, colors and subject.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you the best on your show at Nest opening today and congratulations on the four paintings that have already sold. Begonia and Larkspur will have a "red dot" for sure too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the light in this piece as well as the fun colors. Congrats. on the sales and good luck with at the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the show has been a huge success! Love this one- colors are fun and fabulous...I like the variety in the sky back there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful color in this piece Kelley...your show is off to a smashing success, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cottages and the colors you chose! I would love to have this scenery to paint! Maybe I will get up and over that way some day.
    Congrats on the success of your show! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really great light and color here. These little cottages are inviting in every way. Congrats on your recent,so successful, show :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails