https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A Couple Of Little Things....

"Gerbera & Statice" 6x6, Acrylic on Archival Board


Though I'm not doing small Daily Paintings I still love to paint small every once in a while, and so infrequently these will be available here on the blog.  What I am thrilled with in this painting is the looseness of the brushwork - expressive but believable.  I was very inspired by a wonderful friend, Lisa Daria Kennedy for this, and I was teaching a class where we studied her work and then painted.  I HAVE raised my 6x6 inch prices - but I have not raised them in over 10 years and I feel my skill level and experience warrants this.  Plus, I'm offering free shipping for about 6 months, so it should help!

Today my quote that I love about art is:
"If I could say it in words, there would be no need to paint it." - Edward Hopper

For information on the February 2018 workshop I will be leading with Paula Villanova in beautiful San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, please click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails