https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1 Cosmo, 2 Cosmo, 3 Cosmo... Floor! 9x12 inch Acrylic painting

This painting will be at the Art Stable Gallery next week!

In Maine last week, I made Cosmos for my painter friends!  I'd done a LOT of research into how to make the BEST, and I've decided to share with all of you -kind of like I'm making one for you, OK?  Here goes:
  • Chill the glass, the vodka and the shaker in the freezer
  • crack about 3-4 ice cubes (don't have a fridge that does this?  me either - I use a rolling pin and a zip lock bag!)
  • 1 jigger of Cointreau (no substitutions)
  • 1 jigger of chilled cranberry juice cocktail
  • 2 jiggers of Absolute (Citron is ok, but plain is just fine)
  • 1/2 a lime, plus a slice
Crack the ice, get the shaker out of the freezer, and put ice in.  Add the Cointreau, juice, and vodka - shake vigorously 10 times.

NOW get the glass out of the fridge.  Squeeze the 1/2 lime into the glass, and strain the mix into the glass - toss in a sliver of lime - and enjoy immediately!  Cold is the key.  One drink at a time - leave the glasses in the freezer till it's 'their' time!  ENJOY!



13 comments:

  1. Un verre ça va... deux verres bonjour les dégâts ! Alors trois verres!... tout simplement qu'ils sont magnifiques!

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, and sounds yummy!! Great colors, I love the pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title and the color of the drink itself. I have to admit it sounds a bit on the strong side for me. Not much of a vodka person. But it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic painting and thanks for sharing the great recipe. I'd like one right now, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three sound lethal! This is really nice, Kelley. I especially like the pink reflections down in the stems of the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Thanks, everyone! These were not for ONE person!!! We each had ONE! The title came from Tim Cavanaugh, I had put it on Facebook and asked for title help, and everyone loved his!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this painting Kelley..and all that it represents..friendship, fun, painters aligned, beautiful Maine, the good life, excellence in all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great title!! I love Cosmos drinks and yours look and sound just yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy did you wet my whistle with this one! That recipe sounds so perfect it's 10:00 am and I want one and that is not me! Fun painting, fun title from a fun gal! Happy Fourth to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the painting; love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.K. ...can't wait to try your recipe! If it turns out half as good as this little painting I will be smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, Yum! And no 3.8 there! Tee hee...Great drink and fantastic painting.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails