https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grandma Nellie's Creamer, 6x6 Oil

Still in the mode of thinking about 'Grandma's Kitchen'.. This is from my husband's MacDonald grandmother's kitchen.  I drove myself nearly crazy trying to get the cut glass, the red .... the shadows, the highlights... oh my.  Funny how seeing it here, on the post, I see things I maybe should have seen before I 'wrapped it up'... but ... on to the next thing!
** ETA, I didn't actually try to paint the 'cuts' in the glass - just the light bouncing off it and the shadows under it, but still...

13 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful and I can see this and grandpa's lunch bucket hanging together in you kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cut glass. very hard to paint all of those facets! this is lovely. I really like the rich colors and varied whites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been awarded my interesting friend! Even if you do not accept awards, you may still visit to see what I have written in your link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like the reflected red in the shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley, You are fearless, this is a very tough subject, that you painted beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well..... you did an awesome job with that cut glass, Kelley! That would of been enough to get me to hang up my paintbrushes...lol! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pitcher. Good job on the cut class effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelley, Your paintings have been just wonderful. You have a great juicy brush stroke. this vase is so beautiful. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always you did a great job w/ the glass. I've passed the Sunshine Award on to you. Please go to my blog to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hat's off to you! This looks incredibly hard. You painted it beautifully, even getting the red reflection in the handle and the sparkle of the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red in this, Kelley!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did an excellent job handling the tricky cuts in the glass... makes me want to to try it someday! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails