https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Winter Walk on the Sakonnet, Oil, 5x7


This painting was from a photo I took on a very cold December evening across the street from my house.  The whole sky was salmon and the water reflecting it was the same color.  The river was as still as a lake - so unusual, and the reflections of Gould Island were beautiful and rosy.  People walking their dog on the beach I thought I just have to paint this.  It was such a perfect winter evening, and so typical of this area.  You feel like the whole world is pink, and it has a bit of magic in the air.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kelley, I’m so glad you’re back! I’ve missed your paintings over the last few weeks.

    This piece is pretty awesome ... so contemplative and ethereal, like a dream. But wait - this is the view from your house??? How great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks, Karen, it's good to BE back! I have to cross the street and walk onto the beach for this particular view (I know, I know!). My own view has the beach to the right. I will never, ever run out of scenes to paint, I swear! And I am very grateful for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this. it totally pulls you into the moment... so simple but so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this one too! I'm jealous!
    This is the view from your house?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I have to walk across the street to get this 'low' view. I can actually see this little island and the river beyond from my BED (which is why I'll never, ever leave this house)!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails