https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, February 5, 2016

Church Beach, Cuttyhunk Island, 12x16 acrylic by Kelley MacDonald



This was my submission for Girls Just Wanna Paint this month, and the topic was The Golden Mean. You can read about what that is HERE.  It's a way to make sense of why we place things where we do and how it's got a mathematical reason.  
Or something.  God help me.  I either choose my compositions intuitively, or use a grid, with 2 vertical sections and 2 horizontal sections, and aim the focal point somewhere at one of the 4 intersections, but MOSTLY I try different sketches and find what one looks the best to me.
This scene is from an image I took while on Cuttyhunk, a magical week.  Lonely house, gorgeous view, endearing path down to the beach.  Or up to the house, depending.  
I love the solitude implied in this scene.  NOT loneliness, just the wonderful ability to feel the smallness of us verses the bigness of the Universe.  Of God. Of everything 'not-us'.  And how that is all OK, it's how it's supposed to be, and it just feels right.  it's much less than it would be framed, in a show, and also it will cost me much more than $10 to ship it, and that's a gift from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails