https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Turquoise Boat (WIP) Acrylic by Kelley Carey MacDonald

Every year in Maine I see this boat near Long Cove.  It sits against some nice dark foliage.  This year I'm painting it.  We had a discussion this month, at our Girls Just Wanna Paint meeting, about when to stop.  Our fearless Page Pearson Railsback told her classes "Stop at 75% finished".  So I'm stopping, and if anyone wants this 10x8 painting as is, email me before Friday.  Then I'm attacking it again.  

Maine was lovely. Rejuvenating and restful.  Yes, I killed my cell phone (drowned it dead) but going there with these friends is like hitting the 'reset' button on my creative life.   I came home raring to go!  More on the experience and the paintings I did in the next post!

5 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    J'aime beaucoup cette peinture avec ce bateau turquoise... les nuances de rouges apportent un bel éclat à cette toile...
    Très joli travail.

    ♡ Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome! I hope on Friday you decide to leave this as is. I love the foliage and reds popping through...lends to autumn, my favorite of all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When to stop is such a tough question! I love this as it is - really strong and distilled to its essence. If you do add more, it will be so interesting to see the before & after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is beautiful..as is. Thanks for the plug. Bet your trip was amazing. Drowned your phone??

    ReplyDelete
  5. How strange are coastal towns! There is always a turquoise boat out of the water. And one wonders about it. Thank you for this universal image which left memories from long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails