https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wild Morning Glories, 6x8, Oil

One of those days when I couldn't find inspiration, and did everything I could think of to put off painting!  As I was coming back to the studio after a walk, I stepped over these tiny white flowers embedded in the grass near the bike path.  I bent down, and to my surprise, found these lovely white morning glories!  So I picked one of the vines, and padded the end of the vine in wet paper towels, and proceeded to paint.  Here's the thing about Morning Glories and why you don't see them in vases - as soon as the vine is cut, they start to die.  As I sketched in my shapes, I noticed the cups of the flowers were sagging... and by the time I was applying paint to the board - a dead droop.  But this is what they looked like when I first cut them.  Sweet!
$100 & $10 S&H via Paypal
Email me with questions or help with purchasing at kcareymac@hotmail.com

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kell, and you have captured their fragility perfectly. Give Paco a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really glow with that dark background. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicate and I like the dark background. Some of thes managed to get in my garden one year, very hard to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Kelley. I love white flowers, no matter what size they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelley:
    These morning glories are so sweet, and yet mysterious when combined with the dark background. Yes, they are not easy to capture, but you did it!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way this stands out next to the dark background. Great shadows and such a graceful composition. Cools me off just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelley, the color composition in this is grand! So bold yet floral feminine. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, pretty! I especially love the black background. It reminds me of an old fashioned wallpaper design. Nostalgic and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE morning glories, Kelley!

    I think there's something strangely charming about painting the blooms as they're dying.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails