https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, August 27, 2010

Lozenge, Original Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


SOLD

I suppose I should actually call this "Lozenge II", because I see I've named another painting 'Lozenge'. Anybody got a good name for it? I'll change it, if you send me one I like! Does it look familiar? Yup, it's the view from my front porch. Every morning and every evening a different color scheme, a different atmosphere (well, I know it's the same atmosphere, but it LOOKS different).
I know a lot of artists don't like painting sunsets - too sweet, too much, too amateurish... but I simply don't care - I paint what inspires me, and man, this inspires me! Donuts again next post - watch out, Susan.....

7 comments:

  1. Kelley, I love the oranges, and purples, breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great complementary palette painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there are enough sunsets painted! Where else does one find such vibrant gorgeous colors to work with. This combination is stunning and the blue in the sky is almost florescent against the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterscotch Drop
    or
    Butterscotch Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have such a beautiful view every evening...wonderful Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made my most favorite paintings. Prefer the golden evening.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails