https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Strawberry Doughnut, Oil, 6x6


I swear I had no intention of doing this as a Daily Painting today - honest - I was on my way to CHURCH this morning, but when I pulled up to the building I could see that a funeral was going on, and I didn't want to intrude on that.  So - and I live in the LAND OF DUNKIN DONUTS - where there's a DD's at every 4th corner - I pulled in for a coffee to take to the studio, and they'd just put out a tray of fresh strawberry frosted's.  Had to.  Had to paint one.  With no nod to Wayne Thibeault - I heard of him after I started daily paintings.  But I was 'surfing' through the Blogland the other day and - darn if I can find it again! - I stumbled on an artist who painted a pile of jelly doughnuts (let's not even go there...) which looked like a landscape.  They were so soft and 'pillowy' it was amazing.  If I can find the artist through 'History' on my other computer, I'll edit this post to include it.  Anyway, I don't say it often enough, but thanks for looking!


Thanks to Valerie - who gave me the name of my 'inspiration' today : Emily Eveleth

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Yummy! I love this painting..the darker purple table edge ties it all together nicely. I'm so glad we don't have any decadent donut shops here...I am tempted to try painting desserts, but I have enough of a problem watching what I eat. However, it might be the solution to speeding up my painting, with the reward of eating the set-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I love it...I came to respond to your comment and found this wonderful donught! Mmm...
    As for painting I have been naughty...My kids are with Grandma all week, and I have spent almost every day laying at the beach. Very lazy! Do you know of Wayne Thibodeau (sp?)...He does all these fabulous pastries and cakes paintings. I love food being a centerpiece...Well back to work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Silly me! If I had read through your blog post before commenting I would have seen the reference to Wayne Thibeault (guess I had the last part all wrong!).....

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails