https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Beach Stones, Oil, 6x6


Today I was headed out to the studio, with no real idea of what to do for a Daily Painting (it's been a few days of just Plein Air, as you can see on my other Blog).  So I grabbed a few beach rocks - I swear my 'real' self is a 7 year old boy - I not only collect 'good' beach stones, people who know me well bring me interesting ones as well!  So I spent some time in the studio positioning them, and the rest was easy.  Yeah.  Gray and White - Sooooooo hard!  No, but really, it was a challenge to make the 'right' gray, and make the white lines in the stones look convincing, not like rubber bands!

2 comments:

  1. I like them. Now why the heck didn't I think of that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- they look like the rocks I brought home from Ireland!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails