https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pussy Willows, 6x6 Inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald

$100 & $10 S&H

Pussy Willows are always a favorite of mine.  And though I FELT like painting daffodils today what I HAD was pussy willows!  I love them because they last, literally, for years.  And because they are soft, like little kitties!  And I know I told you this before, but when I was a child and we were not allowed to have pets in our apartment, I collected these, took them off the stems, named them, and took them everywhere with me.  They were the perfect pets, really. Never had to feed them, walk them, they were quiet and very amenable. 

Also, they bloom around the time of year that my Dad passed away.  So I think of him when I look at them.  

I loved layering the acrylics here.  I want to tell everyone that when you switch mediums, say from watercolor to oil, or to acrylic - give it a while so you get the hang of how they 'act'.  Don't dismiss them immediately.  I struggled to get acrylics to do what I want - for such a long time.  And even now every once in a while.  But then they'll do something wonderful and surprising that you hadn't expected, and there you go.  Your own little miracle.
I hope you all are getting a little Spring...

5 comments:

  1. Those Pussy Willows look so real! I used to collect them too. Love the story with this Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci de nous apporter ce beau soupçon de printemps... Bien qu'officiellement il est arrivé, il n'est pas encore franchement très présent !
    Une très jolie peinture... remplie de douceur. Votre papa serait bien fier de pouvoir l'admirer.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous to me, Kelley! I love that little bottle especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...that amber glassware is a favorite of mine and you captured the glass and reflections beautifully. I also love painting compositions like this that look simple but are really very complex...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice painting - very peaceful, quiet, and reflective mood. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails