https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, March 15, 2013

Into The Wave, 6x6 Inch Oil Painting by Kelley MacDonald

$100 & $10 S&h

I've been thinking of all the images I have that seem to have a common thread - I seem to be a big fan of kids at the beach, and so I'm trying to work up a series of larger pieces for this year's body of work.  This one, well, I just love (and admire) his exuberance!  I love watching people run headlong into the waves (my husband is this type).  I'm more the inch-by-inch type in the ocean.  I'd LIKE to be brave, but I worry - will I step on a shell?  A jellyfish?  Feel something 'icky' swim against my leg?  Is that seaweed?  What if there's a sharp drop?  etc.
Maybe I'm more of a pool swimmer, but I do love the ocean.  The sound of it, the smell of it, the endless waves.....

And I'm liking this tow-head's red swimsuit, too ;D

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you Kelly. I'm not comfortable going anyplace where I'm not the top of the food chain anymore. :) Oh, and great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so beautifully captured the greens of the sea. I too am an inch by incher for all the reasons you mentioned and also because the water always feels cold! LOL Just once I should try the headlong dash approach. I really like this scene too. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to go to Romeo Beach. It is gone now, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exuberance. Oh to be young.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails