https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tweedles, 6x8 oil

I don't exactly remember where I'm supposed to send this, but I'll do a little research and find out. It was a 'Challenge' for July, which is a month of Dogs, and upcoming is Cats in August. This darling girl is named Tweedles, and she is sweet and lovely, according to Paco, and had to be painted. I'll tell you it's a challenge, indeed, to paint the little rounded chin, and the soft, wrinkly forehead! I didn't really do her justice. I'm trying to focus on one type of painting for this blog - like so many 'successful' bloggers - but I'm having a hard time because to me, painting is a language ... and I guess I have a LOT to say about everything ;0. So, it being Sunday, and a non-work day, kind of, here's little Tweedles. LOVE her! And she's on James Parker's Blog, "Windows To The Words" Blog HERE.

And my favorite part is the black part UNDER her chin!

Thanks to all those who clicked on 'follow this blog', and became 'Followers'! I love that and I love to hear all your comments, too. I'm sorry if my last post seemed like an 'invitation' to the painting Challenge I'm a part of - it's a group of Boston-Area artists who meet on a regular basis who are putting up the Challenge and the Blog. The Invitation was to become a 'Follower' of my blog. Thank you all, you are dear to me!

8 comments:

  1. I thought it was Paco :D but it sure is a good pug portrait.
    Again, in my neighborhood we have MPS.
    Saw the two foster pugs today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was Paco too. Great portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great version of Tweedles! You captured that sweet expression. My favorite part is under her chin too and her beautiful, kind eyes. Great job, Kelley!

    Couldn't agree with you more about painting being a language. It really is fun to talk about more than one subject, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I see why Paco has a wee crush on her.

    I myself have given up trying to do "just one thing" on my own blog. Welcome to the club. :)

    I gave you an award on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweedles is fantastic Kelley!

    I have a hard time focusing on one thing sometimes too! Go with your gut girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tweedles is posted and linked on WINDOWS TO THE WORDS ART. And happily chewing on a dog biscuit. Thank you for your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh kelley!
    your portrait of tweedles is just amazing!
    i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly
    Its me Tweedles
    i finally found who your are!
    I did not put 1 + 2 together and get 2.
    I wanted to thank you for painting me so beautifully, in the Art Challenge. You made my eyes so full of love and expression.
    Every little wrinkle - right now to my nose- such a spectacular job.
    You painting brought tears to my moms and my eyes- from the joy of what you painted.
    We thank you
    love
    Tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails