https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Memories, Oil, 6x6

Many, many times while I was painting this today I said to myself: "What was I thinking?" All those 'white' items???? Of course none of them is actually 'white', but a combination of white and different colors. I had a hard time with this one in photoshop - the shell had more bluey grays and the ribbon had a yellowish cast to the dark side. But when I tried to correct for that the background got turquois-y. It leans towards that but is more periwinkle. And here I go with the ribbon again - you'll see lots of them till I feel like I've mastered it. Today's is at least better than yesterday's! The addition of the red bead.... just because I have it!

3 comments:

  1. hi kelley!
    what a wonderful painting! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and the red bead is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the colors on this one, Kelley!

    The blue-grays go so wonderfully with the white-grays of the shell!

    Great!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails