https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bella Sinclair Award

[BellaSinclairAward.jpg]
I've been honored by Manon Doyle, who I know I've mentioned before (a beautiful artist and a beautiful soul) with the Bella Sinclair Award! I'm thrilled! And humbled, because I look at Manon, and so many of you out there, and think... "What the heck am I doing swimming with this talented crowd?"

The Bella Sinclair award honors friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. I don't know... as artists, are there just more generous, accepting, encouraging people among us? I feel so blessed to have the artist friends I have.. my blogger and non-blogger artist friends alike.

I, also, would like to raise a toast to our 'sisterhood', and thank each and every one of you who has shared in my ups and downs, since we've met! I'll nominate a few (that have not already been nominated for this) artists, and please check out their fine work:

Gwen Bell - because she's quick to show support, and I love her direct, bold viewpoint when she does her still lifes and her beautiful and sensitive pet portraits.

Nancy Medina because she's generous in her kind advice and positive attitude (and I read and reread her emails and comments!).

Mary Sheehan Winn
because she's a true 'sista' of the Sisterhood - never lingering on what went wrong, always looking for the best way forward, and her color KICKS.

Katie May because even though she's a relative newbie, she has the heart of a long distance runner (or painter!), and she's the kind of girl who's right there for you, and I love her artistic viewpoint.

Melissa (of Melissa and Emmitt) because she has never failed to encourage and support, no matter how busy she is (and man, can she fill a day with ART!).

And last but not least, Paula Villanova, who is the one you want covering your back, as she is true, positive, and never fails to lend a hand (or a comment, thank God), and is my travel partner-in-crime and a fantastic artist to boot.

Now, there are at least a dozen more fellow bloggers that I love and feel a sisterhood connection to.... I hope you check out my links column and visit them, too... INCLUDING Manon, who... it goes without saying... 'sista'....

6 comments:

  1. Kelley, Congratulations! You deserve this! Your blog is a constant source of inspiration, support, and good humor! I read it almost every day, or every day that it's posted! It is outstanding, and most of all, you are outstanding!! Head and shoulders above the crowd!! One of the best!! Thank you so much for doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award, Kelley, and I like your new slide show.
    I've looked for awards to give people - where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve it sister girl! I'll raise my glass.... to sisterhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and well deserved, Kelley! Great choices too...Melissa and Nancy are two of my favorite artists and people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelley...always happy to be part of the sisterhood! p.s. I bought my 6xx panels today...this is going to be a new experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley,
    Congratulations on your award. You really work hard but more than that your soul and spirit shine through with each and every post, lifting the sisters along the way! Its a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails