https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, July 13, 2009

Perfect Day, 11x16, Oil


SOLD

While this is outside the usual size of a Daily Painting, I did it in 2 or so hours from life, so I'm including it on this blog. I went to Fogland Beach in Tiverton, on Friday and it was just about a perfect day. A bit of a breeze, and this lady just in her glory in her beach chair. She read, she napped, she waded into the water to cool off, she sipped her iced tea. I think I could correct the folding chair legs & support a bit but otherwise I'm leaving it. Getting a bit crazed about my Open Studio Tour this weekend...
I tried to post this yesterday but Blogger wouldn't take any posts (mine or Paco's) while I was trying. And I wasn't about to let the computer take up too much time while we had sunshine! Hope you all had a good one...

7 comments:

  1. This is great. I really get the feeling of her day. I spent yesterday at the jersey shore. Have never done beach paintings before. Took lots of photos for future paintings (maybe a cold day next winter.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to hang out in this painting the rest of the summer. Beautiful work Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley,this looks like heaven. So peaceful and fresh! Congratulations for doing this in 2 hours! That is wonderful! Your paintings conveys the mood of a summer day at the beach, perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How relaxing and it was a beautiful day. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that
    I wish I was there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job!
    Almost as if there.
    Peace,
    len

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with Manon! This painting cools you off just looking at it. And how cool that you live in a place that you could paint this from life. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails