https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April In Paris.... 8x10 Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald

SOLD

I've only been to Paris once, and it was really not enough!  My dear husband lured me out for a walk one evening, which ended up being like the Trail Of Tears (for my poor, blistered feet), but his destination was romantic, and so was immediately forgiven.  We were quite a distance from the Eiffel, but it looked close because it's huge - surely dominates the landscape.  By the time we got there it was lit up - my very favorite view of it.  And I think its synchronicity that my friend Leslie Saeta also painted this scene (although daytime) this week.  Check hers out!

Along those lines, this month there will be an opportunity for locals and their friends to get together as I walk them through a Paris painting - Thursday, April 18th, 6-8:30, BYOB, fun supplied, as well as all art supplies.  Pure non-artists welcomed and encouraged!~

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I wonder if I'll ever be fortunate enough to spend some time in France?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come paint the tower with you. I, too, have only been to Paris once and only got to see the tower from a distance. But it was a beautiful sight and they had a neon sign on it counting down the days to 2000. This trip was during my flight attendant days. Love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the luminescence quality of this one! Between you and Leslie wonderful memories of my brief but fabulous time in Paris came flooding back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea Kelley..sounds like fun. I think the GJWP could have a field trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley, Such a romantic painting, love the contrast of the lights and darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant!!! Gorgeous color Kelley. I have it in my plan to get there one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is nicely done Kelley and your special view. I keep looking at paintings of the Eiffel Tower and wonder how I would paint it...that would be a challenge for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails