https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Periwinkle Cup, 6x6 Oil


I bought these little cups and saucers at the cafe (now defunct) downstairs from my previous studio.  I love the yellow, periwinkle and rose cups with turquoise accents.  What a challenge to paint though, because the colors are slightly muted but still saturated.  Why am I doing so many coffee themed Daily Paintings?  Certainly not because they're in demand :).  I am challenged by the shift in elipses as your eye hits the rim of the cup, the base of the cup, the saucer top - throw in a handle, and it's a morning's eye exercise!    There's that and I love good coffee!

4 comments:

  1. One of your best. You have a way with this subject.
    Oh, and it wasn't the same cup I saw on the other blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEH!!! the header looks great...bet you are already thinking about what to put up there next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Debbie - thanks for being the first I'd seen with the new 'image header' - don't worry, I'll give you the credit!


    And, thanks, Mar, yes, different cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelley, I love your ellipses! Yes, I thought my latest bowl painting would be easy but those shifting - shifty- ellipses got the better of me. This little painting of yours is perfect! Every part of it looks just right. Love your refreshing colors and lively brush strokes.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails