https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Little Joy! 6x6 Inches, Oil




SOLD
Sweet Joy!  It's the 1st of the month and that means our Challenge Group, Girls Just Wanna Paint, is posting!  Our topic was "Joy".   This is one moment when the Joy is just so intense.   It was a difficult viewpoint, and the painting got wiped off twice before I got this version...
Today I'm hanging our show at the James Library - I have to tell you, we are SO excited about tomorrow night - we will be there with 80 of our paintings and some awesome nibbles!

And I hear a famous South Pasadenan Blogger and artist will be swinging by Florida, Georgia and Virginia to pick up other artist/bloggers and heading up to Boston for this opening....... maybe..I can dream...

16 comments:

  1. Very touching moment. Really beautifully done. Can't wait to see it in person...as I will be sitting on the curb waiting for my ride! Have fun on Friday! Want to see lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful and sensitive...most of all pure JOY. Wonderful sweet painting! Have fun hanging the show- we want pictures...just in case that famous Pasadena blogger does not pick us all up for the road trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesomely sweet moment to capture, Kelley. This painting is fabulous! Good luck with your show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very special moment captured perfectly, Kelley. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Kelley! I can imagine the difficulty in getting that viewpoint right but it turned out great. I'm packed and ready to roll. Better get back to looking out the window - don't want to miss my ride with the Pasadena blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! If I can get picked up in colorado, I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelley - I love this viewpoint and adore this painting! You have captured the pure intensity of this incredible moment of JOY! Bravo! And much luck and fun at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning and joyful kelley! a lovely painting! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure joy. Pure love. What sweetness! Congrats on the show. Wish I could be there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelley, Love this subject, and composition, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've captured a lot of joy in such a tiny space. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a real sweet spirit! This sweet spirit along with great painting representation that you portrayed in this particular painting really do make up for a really great painting. It really invokes a tender mood between mother and child.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really captured a sweet as well tender spirit into this painting.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails