https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tiny Purple Roses, 6x6 Oil


Would you believe it if I told you these look much better in person?  And I couldn't get the glare off the photo, either... in the shade it looked too dark, in the light (or even the 'light' shade) it was bouncing off the canvas.  Oh well.  These are from a tiny rose bush that I had no expectations of - last year it yeilded just a few blooms.  This year - BANG!  Of course we caught a lot of the insects earlier this year.  I'm going to master 'roses' if it kills me.  This morning it's been humid and very warm, but a storm is rolling in, I can see it coming across Aquidneck Island, and I want to catch it on canvas, so instead of preparing my house for the 4th of July festivities, I'm painting (surprise, surprise!)!  If I don't get to post tomorrow (I'm going to try to paint chickens at a local farm) I want to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails