https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Man's Best Friend, 12x12 inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


First of the month, that always brings the Girls Just Wanna Paint piece.  This month's topic was "Man's Best Friend".  So, so many painting ideas floated through my head.  But this one, the steadfast little waggly tail tucked under his master's arm at a hard moment, this is the one that I had to paint.  I love painting dogs, and it nearly killed me to paint this painting 'from behind', as there is no little wet nose pushing it's way into your face... but plenty of time and days for that.  I find that my animals (and yes, I include my cats here) seem to just know when I feel bereft, and they insist that I take their comfort.  I'm grateful for them, and while they aren't cure-alls, they are terrific best friends! 

1 comment:

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails