https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Make Mine A Manhattan, 6x6 Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald



I guess I'm thinking of 2 things today, painting this, OK, 3 things. 
  1. It's Primary Day in New York, and aren't we lucky to be able to vote for whomever we choose?
  2. I have a friend that's coming to celebrate her birthday and her FREEDOM from her job, and I'm very excited, wanting to toast to her!
  3. I love love love painting the shimmery, gold, yellows and reds in a Manhattan with a cherry.  OK, I love painting any kind of whiskey, bourbon, any of that gold-y stuff.  Which is kind of odd, since I don't actually like the taste of it!  It's the visuals, that get me, every time.  Plus painting glass... I love to do that too.
Anyway - hey, we have a lot to be grateful for - every one of us, if we think about it, so ... here's to you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting and wonderful sentiments. Yes, we are lucky to be able to vote for whomever we want. Don't drink too much of that brown stuff. I'm a white wine drinker myself.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails