https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Long Time Gone

SOLD

I've really missed my blogging friends!  I've cleared out a lot in my house, and now am in the Limbo that is unique to a House For Sale.  I've struggled with all the different hats I've had to wear prepping everything, and I'm still not done, but well on my way - one more yard sale and one more POP UP sale (keep your eyes peeled and check the blog posts, because I will be taking sales via text message as well as in person!) to go.

It had been so long since I've done a Daily Painting... there was this fear... could I still paint?  I thought I'd forgotten HOW.  And what?  What subject?  I returned to my comfort zone.  Hadn't done a coffee or tea break in a long long time.  I love painting different textures, and here the graham crackers contrasted with the smooth liquid and the hard porcelain... and I had a BLAST doing it.  And whites are always so interesting.  So join me in 'Tak(ing) A Break", relax and enjoy.  And thanks for being there.

7 comments:

  1. Taking a coffee break is exactly what you need. Sweet painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Beautiful handling of textures and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I hadn't done a little 6x6 in a long time, either, until yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you back, Kelley! You may inspire me to get back to this regularly -- after a couple weeks of vacation that is. Been almost too hot to paint here. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely break indeed, Kelley! So you still haven't moved, eh? Still lots of work ahead, I am afraid. But so cool to see you are on top of all of it. I will have to move again for May 1st and I'm already fretting it. Finding a place...coming up with the money...I don't know what the heck to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple is good! I love the little ones especially with your broad brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails