https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Friday, July 3, 2015

It's A Grand Old Flag, 8x6 inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


Happy Independence Day!  So much talk on the TV and Social Media about what divides us, about other flags, and other allegiances, religions and more.  But today, really, we can celebrate that we CAN have things that are different about us, but what is most important is that we are one.  One nation.  With lots of different people in it.  Here's a shout out to all my friends, all over this wonderful land (and beyond).  HAPPY 4th of July!

Last Fall I was lucky enough to spend time on beautiful Cuttyhunk Island.  This is what you see as you sail into their little harbor.  American flags waving, welcoming.  Long may they wave.  Enjoy your festivities today and hold your friends and families close.  How lucky are we?

3 comments:

  1. I love how you are always positive, Kelley. I wish I was like that. This is beautiful and while not battle images, for some reason...maybe our history...that is what I see...empty battlefields with the symbol flying proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, ,, greeting from Belgium in Mons

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you are okay my friend. thank you for your kind words. a wonderful tribute for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails