https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Poppies, 6x12 inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald



As we drove to and from painting sites during our week in Maine, we were treated to gorgeous displays of poppies.  These, against the deep dark of the woods, were these brilliant glowing flowers! We took so many photos of them and I knew I'd paint them.  One thing I love about this painting is that the woods are not a flat black area, there is depth and branches and trees and all sorts of stuff going on there! A nice, 'tuckable' size, too, 6x12.  

I always see poppies as a hopeful sign, that the cold winter is really really gone, and the flora of summer is on it's way.

3 comments:

  1. Poppies are one of my favorite flowers and you captured them beautifully here! Glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifuls!!! my mommy cannot paint a thing,, but WISHES she could paint that!!
    its so pretty
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the darkness between the grasses and blooms, Kelley. Beautiful color of poppies too. I know you had to have had the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails