https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Memories, 6x6 Inch Acrylic painting by Kelley MacDonald


This month the Girls Just Wanna Paint challenge was to paint a treasured object.  I've kind of trying to adopt a Buddhist attitude, of detachment, and not letting material things mean too much to me, but this little pitcher was my mom's and I think was actually a creamer.  My son, knowing how I love pussy willows, actually GREW some this year, and put them in a floral arrangement he gave me on my recent birthday.  Well the flowers are gone, but the pussy willows remain.

SO.  On to the fun part here.  Today, being behind the 8 Ball with my painting schedule, I packed up my paints and drove to Sally Dean's studio where we decided we would simply get in her studio and CRANK out this month's Challenge. We did it, then went looking at some awesome pottery and glasswork in nearby Norwell (behind Trattoria San Pietro). So... here is mine.  Please check out the rest of the GJWP Challenge paintings HERE, and Sally's blog HERE.

"Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends... " yes I do, and I want to say THANKS to Sally for a great art date day!

4 comments:

  1. best Day Ever! And this came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelley, this is lovely. Little treasures from relative are wonderful to use in paintings. And I'm wondering how he grew pussywillows. I've only ever found them on trees or large bushes in the woods and have never seen them with flowers. In the wild when they die they look like fuzzy caterpillars loosing their fur. I would love to grow some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the neutrals in this piece. Greys and browns can be SO beautiful.
    The pussy willow is beautiful but a more recent memory of them was not so pleasant. I did a three day show last year and the only thing we saw people buying was D---- pussy willow bunches. It has been a running joke since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is so beautifful! We love those pussy willows and imagine they were very hard to paint!
    The pitcher is beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails