https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Van Gogh's Angel, 6x6 Inch Oil Painting by Kelley MacDonald


I don't know why I don't copy the masters more often!  I have such a great time doing it and learn so much every single time!  When you look at a Van Gogh, do you think of the layers and layers of paint?  The hundreds and hundreds of brushstrokes?  No, me, either, I simply stand in awe of his purposeful strokes, and keen color sense, as well as his amazing rendering skills.

So here is my interpretation of his angel.   I love all the many blues against the gold.
I am very proud of myself that I've done 8 in a row.  Believe it or not there are a handful of rejects that I  may or may not get in shape!  


10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kelley. I love the light in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Kelley! How great to learn from the Masters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must have been fun. Wow- all those strokes and luscious blues - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Van Gogh, Batman, I think you have channeled his style and made it your own! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kelley! You knocked this one out of the park. I was scrolling through Leslie's 30 in 30 posts and your painting stopped me. I love how you handled the paint and the angels face and hair. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - what a beautiful angel. Those blues are so gorgeous. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Kelley!! Powerful and bold!

    and thanks for the gesso board suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one really caught my eye. Great V Gogh like strokes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so enjoying seeing your angel paintings!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails