https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bowl Of Gold, 12x6 Inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


Well!  I have been a busy bee for the last month!  So very long since I've put in an appearance on my blog, have been doing a lot of commission work, plus two part time jobs, left me little time to paint things on my own!  As you can imagine, it's not smart to post commissions that are presents, since they usually are surprises…. hence lack of posts.  All done now except for two really fun paintings of a charming Springer Spaniel, and I'm happy to share them with you as I complete them.

I hope the holidays (Hanukkah and Christmas) were happy ones for you.  I feel incredibly blessed.  My family was wonderful and my friends just truly filled me with light and love.  My younger son is a potter as well as a painter, writer and… well he's just good at anything creative, and he makes me these green bowls.  Then he brought me the little oranges with the stems, which I cannot resist!  Fitting that they should share a canvas!  

I'm grateful the Christmas cookies are gone.  I'm not saying WHO made them go, but there are empty containers here.  I hope you all made happy memories this month.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE those bowls!! That is something I've always wanted to learn myself. The bowls look awesome with those oranges in them. Hopefully things will slow down a bit for you now. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting and such a special still life set up....love that bowl! Glad y'all had a happy holiday and hope you can get some rest!!! Chat soon friend!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to learn you had a wonderful holiday. It's also nice when a family member shares your interest in art. Here's hoping the new year brings all good things your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful still life set up....love that bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelley, this is an incredible painting! beautifully done my friend! happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails