https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cloud Study #1, 4x4 Inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


This tiny painting is one of my favorite subjects:  skyscapes.  Clouds in particular, are difficult to paint but are so meaningful to me.  You remember "I've looked at clouds from both sides now.. from up and down, and still, somehow.. it's clouds' illusions I recall.  I really don't know clouds at all..." from Judy Collins.

Sometimes you see the clouds from above - fluffy, fun, playful.. like as seen from far away, or even from an airplane.  Other times they seem to cover the world with dark gray.  They can be so dense they confuse you as to what time of day it is.  They can be oppressive.  But, I try to keep in mind that whatever way they appear right now, things will change.

5 comments:

  1. I love clouds; never find them oppressive but always magical. Beautiful piece, Kelley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I particularly like the juxtaposition of the calm, abstract ground and the sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is magnificent. I especially love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simple and powerful. You DO know clouds :D

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails