https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, September 14, 2013

And Now For Something Completely Different.... by Kelley MacDonald


Today was a day to just push!  I took some older acrylic paintings that just weren't what I wanted, and I messed them up.  This one was a pinkish sunset with boats and purple skies... and I played 'peek-a-boo' with the original painting, putting a couple of layers of white over selected areas, leaving dark and light pink and purple areas peeking out.  Then I added some clear magenta to a whole scoopful of glossy gel medium and went over the white.  When that was done I popped in some colors.  I chose the colors by instinct, as I chose the exposed shapes.  I was thinking of a lot of things: bedtime stories, indian weavings, nautical flags, bubbles and sunsets.  Don't judge - I have a very active imagination!
Then I poured out some more gel medium, letting pink mix with some dull yellow... just in spots.
I had FUN.  By myself.  On the porch. Smelling the water. Making up stories in my head.
18x24 canvas, acrylic.

8 comments:

  1. Well now. That IS something totally different and it's wonderful! I'm all for experimenting and exploring, especially that line between representation and abstract....combining spontaneous mark making and thinking! It's ALL good! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your fun story and those lovely patterns peaking through. Reminds me of Hints of Mexican weavings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you go. And look what came of all that free range thinking! I am reminded of the military ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Girl. Different is good..yummy colors, porch,making up stories..Ahhhh.Life is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love an abstract that invites you in to enjoy. Good use of your time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Love the the playfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love the abstract process! It is so much fun and you can never be wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this very much, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails