https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Coffee Cupcake, 6x6 Original Painting by Kelley MacDonald

SOLD

My new friend, neighbor and fellow artist, Susan Medyn, gave me a box of GORGEOUS and delicious cupcakes from a Boston area bakery.  I had trouble painting many of them, wiper after wiper, but then this one got it's turn.  It was creamy, and dreamy and soooo fun to paint.  So I'm flinging the frosting over to California to another Susan, Susan Roden!  Let's see what she comes up with after getting hit with a coffee cupcake!!

11 comments:

  1. A little whipped frosting in my face - that's what I have!
    Oozing with a ton of frosting - delicious.
    Good one Kelley - and you got your ammunition from another Susan - how low can one go? Think I better dig up some friends to aid my cause on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks better in a painting that it would on my thighs. And the wars rage on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelley - I think this is my favourite cupcake from your whole series! Excellent! Love the frosting,paper, ground...it's all excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A small mountain of creamy swirls... I bet this cupcake was delicious!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your frosting, looks delish! Also love your stories of the cupcake battles! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are too much...i get a sugar high just visiting your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could work up the courage to eat them, I mean, paint them, these are so lovely and look like so much fun, no one has a bad day when cupcakes are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if you tried any of these cupcakes but they are outrageous. People travel for miles to get them. Just let me know if you
    need some more as they are only a few miles away and themes change....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see another yummy donut Kelly. Your the Queen on this coast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the texture of the brushstokes is so perfectly the frosting and ridges in the cupcake-excellent :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails