https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Boathouse Road, 6x12, Oil

SOLD
This is a 'late' post - I painted this on Thursday of last week in Westport on Boathouse Row, - a gorgeous day in a gorgeous spot. I'm getting bored with the little landscapes, though. I feel the need to do some 'color shots', and play a little with design. We'll see what comes through. Sand and sea and sky and trees... nice and all, but it's failing the 'So What' question. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love the fuzzy coolness under the trees, and the texture & character of the trees themselves, and the unusual composition...so that, I guess... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like that there are 'fives' in it,5 trees, 5 horizontal zones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Good observations from Conor too. I like the blueish tone of late autumn water and shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails