https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Monday, September 17, 2007

Just Kale, Oil, 6x6

I can't let go of Summer, but I do love it when the kale and mums have their time. I am fascinated by all the varieties of kale, and how long they last into the cold months. The colder it gets, the more vivid the colors of purple, pink, olive and sage seem to get. Here I was having a little fun with the rufflinng leaves, doing some calligraphy on top. The actual painting has more contrast, but I have not successfully learned how to Photoshop that. Now I'm off to the beach for a little sun on the dunes. I have the whole day to myself, and I'm going to try for 3 painting sessions:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff. It's such pretty colors. Love the lacey look of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails