https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Baby, It's COLD Outside, 6x6 inch Acrylic Painting by Kelley MacDonald


I have long wanted to do more figure painting.  Can never seem to find the time for 1) a class, 2) a drop in or 3) a workshop.  But today I felt compelled.  And this baby appeared on my easel.  No, I don't know this child, it's adapted from a Google Search. 
I used (Cadmium) Red, (Cadmium) Yellow and (Ultramarine) Blue and white, plus a bit of Burnt Umber (brown).  I love baby faces because they are without guile, their eyes are large and their skin is so soft.  I plan on doing many more.  I think a collection of these would be so adorable together!
Are the eyes the window of the soul?  Seems so.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je trouve le travail de ce portrait admirable. Il n'est pas facile du tout de peindre ou dessiner un visage d'enfant. J'aime beaucoup son regard rempli d'innocence.
    Toutes mes sincères félicitations.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails