https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Be Still, My Heart, 6x6 in Oil Painting by Kelley MacDonald

SOLD

In my Challenge Group, the Girls Just Wanna Paint, this month's topic was "Delicious".  I was in a tither here, because this mont I had painted a stack of donuts I loved, a Manhattan and a pair of Martini's - all Delicious to me!  So here we are... the day of the submission... and I sneak up to my easel (supposed to be doing other things, OK?) and THIS happens.

It truly won my heart.  I've painted a LOT of jelly donuts, but this one...  I don't know.  There is something loose and beckoning about it.  The powdered sugar.... the skiddy, drippy jelly with it's deep darks and sparkles.... Yup.  THIS is the most delicious thing I've painted this month!

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit - Happy June!
*I slipped a little doing the cropping - there is a sliver of background on the left side - I'll fix it tomorrow.  Tonight (last night of May) I'm visiting with friends and I don't have to COOK!


5 comments:

  1. When I first saw this I thoughts here was something about this jelly that made me feel you had reached perfection in how they stack and sag. The powdered sugar and oozing jelly beckons me to take a bite but it is a painting, yet I am tasting your donuts in my mouth. Wow I can only imagine that you must be walking on air with how this came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that drippy delicious jelly! It looks amazingly tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when I first saw it, I thought this was a close-up photo of donuts, then I realized it was a painting... very expressive and painterly but still so much of a connection with its subject that just looking at it makes me hungry. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy, indeed. Beyond yummy. I WANT THEM BOTH NOW!! Got any gluten-free donuts? So delightful. Know you are thrilled. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute here. You said this is a painting? It's too realistic, gooey, touched with powdered sugar. Nope, I am going to eat this...both of the donuts and I won't miss a single drip of jelly.

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails