This painting will be at the Art Stable Gallery next week!
In Maine last week, I made Cosmos for my painter friends! I'd done a LOT of research into how to make the BEST, and I've decided to share with all of you -kind of like I'm making one for you, OK? Here goes:
- Chill the glass, the vodka and the shaker in the freezer
- crack about 3-4 ice cubes (don't have a fridge that does this? me either - I use a rolling pin and a zip lock bag!)
- 1 jigger of Cointreau (no substitutions)
- 1 jigger of chilled cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 jiggers of Absolute (Citron is ok, but plain is just fine)
- 1/2 a lime, plus a slice
Crack the ice, get the shaker out of the freezer, and put ice in. Add the Cointreau, juice, and vodka - shake vigorously 10 times.
NOW get the glass out of the fridge. Squeeze the 1/2 lime into the glass, and strain the mix into the glass - toss in a sliver of lime - and enjoy immediately! Cold is the key. One drink at a time - leave the glasses in the freezer till it's 'their' time! ENJOY!