Clover, Queen Anne's Lace, 6x6
$100 + $10 S&H via Paypal
This is 6x6 inches, and is a cluster of more 'roadside weeds' that Paco and I find on our walks, Clover and Queen Anne's Lace. The photo's a little dark, I'll replace it when I get to the studio on WEDNESDAY! (Sometimes life gets in the way... will try to paint at home tomorrow). In the meantime, look what I got! p.s. I don't know if the font on the rest of the post will look OK - it looks kind of LARGE even though I adjusted it already!Pin It
Thank you, Marie Theron, for this award! Marie is a very creative Blogger who lives on the west coast of Africa. The wonderful thing about the blogsphere, well, one of the wonderful things, is that you get to 'virtually' meet people from all over the world, whom you may never have come in contact with otherwise. And the art you can see - every day! Well, I urge you all to visit her blog: http://artistmarietheron.blogspot.com. for some reason the hyperlink wouldn't work for me.
Well, now I'm supposed to reveal 10 non-art things about myself (you get enough of these awards, and there's not much people won't know about you!). So here goes:
- I'm studying Qi Kung (the healing exercises of Tai Chi), and really am enjoying it.
- I love to hang out in cemeteries. As a child we lived near one and I love reading the headstones and getting to 'know' the folks that have gone before.
- As a child I was.... precocious - got my mouth taped shut with masking tape, got locked in a closet (for eating someone's gold crayon - there's a story there), got seating in a high chair facing the class in kindergarten... I was a regular Chatty Cathy (remember that doll?).
- I was unable to have pets as a child, so I used to collect and 'befriend' pussywillows. I used to name them, take them to school and line them up on my desk, etc.
- I would wear jeans every single day and for every event if I could.
- I'm a shoe junkie.
- I actually stop breathing (and get lightheaded) in art museums. My husband thankfully keeps and eye on me and nudges me, reminding me to breathe. I know, lame!
OK!~ Now for passing on this wonderful award! To the recipients: just list 7 things about yourself (non-art related) and then kindly pass on the award to 7 deserving bloggers! Here goes, check these guys out:
- Sally Dean, who has just started her blog about 365 days of flowers,
- Dean Grey, for his beautiful art, beautiful thoughts, and his willingness to share his journey, though it is not easy right now.
- Christine McCoy, because you just never know what's going to show up on her blog, and her figures inspire me.
- Dreama Tolle Perry - just look at her paintings... you'll understand.
- Elizabeth Seaver, who is a master at mixed media, and truly a fun-minded artist!
- Amy Hillenbrand is an artist who mainly does interiors for this blog - so beautiful, you just want to step into them!
- R. Garriott, who not only delights the viewer with wondrous paintings, but generously shares tips for working artists!