https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Geraniums Waiting, 6x8 oil




Finally today I got to drag out my portable easel and attempt to paint my geraniums that I got this weekend, but can't plant for a few more weeks. I admit it was tough with Paco racing under the easel, pulling on my jeans legs, knocking into the tripod legs and then making off with a brush that fell as a result! So the result isn't as finished as I'd like, but at least I got to paint!

Yesterday was dedicated to dropping off 3 large paintings (the sunsets from my studio blog) at the South Shore Art Center for the Festival Juried Show. I'm not counting on anything there. But Tim helped me carry them in, and so Paco got his first visit to his 'Dad's' office, below. I think he was a 'hit'. Then he went for his first walk on Wollaston Beach in Quincy, MA, and his first lunch at Tony's Clamshack. After we dropped off he had his first ice cream at JJ's Soft Serve, and then saw his first BIG dog (Jack Dicerson's - he lent me a crate for a grown up Paco). So it was a lot of 'firsts' - but no painting yesterday. Tomorrow.......
(Sorry, my laptop is CRAZY these days - it deleted the bottom image, and when I tried to re-insert it - it won't let me move it from the top - so... obviously, the top image is Paco & Tim, the bottom one is the geraniums in the entry....
........

12 comments:

  1. That's a lot of firsts for a little dog. He's so cute! Love the geraniums too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting...I love geraniums! And what an adorable pic of Paco and his Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelley! my favorite flower to paint (next to sunflowers!) - your geraniums are beautiful. Is that a pawprint I see there in the corner? ; ) What is it about pugs that makes them immediately the center of all activity (I wonder, as one fat one sits in my lap). Give your snorty little studio assistant a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The geraniums are wonderful! Great job Kelley!
    BTW..... I guess you're not going to spoil Paco...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as Paco is, I wouldn't have mistook him for a geranium. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little, fresh geraniums! And what the heck, you can always paint, but a puppy is just a puppy for a little while....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is actually one of my favorite phases of buying annual, when they're all boxed closely together and all the eye-popping colors really look so great together amidst the beautiful greens. You really captured that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelley!

    I like the composition on this painting. Nicely cropped to keep it interesting.

    This totally looks impressionistic too. Nice job on that!

    LOL, Paco running off with your paintbrush is clearly pictured in my head!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite flowers too. Love geraniums in boxes with other annuals. Great pic of Paco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures of Paco. Love the geraniums.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This geraniums painting is really good !

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails