https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Strawberry Jar, 6x6 Acrylic


There is an upcoming show featuring the color RED for February, and I've been thinking of what to enter.  At the studio (no, I didn't photograph it yet) I'm working on a fairly large (for me) painting of a little red sailboat being 'guided' by a little boy.  Hoooo-boy - can I pick a complicated subject?  Let's just say it may not get finished!  Hopefully this will be a good workweek and I can post some photos in my studio blog, too.  I bought this little jar of strawberries because it was so beautiful.  I can't imagine that they taste so good, but I decided to take a shot at painting them today.

I used a black 'box' like a lot of the daily painters do (I think Carol Marine and Jeff Hayes and Shawn Kenney use them), with a directed light.  I'll admit it's easier when everything else in the world is taken out of the picture.  Let me know what you think of this.  I liked that it was glass, and then the berries with their luminescent color under the glass, and then - seeds!  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I like it Kelley.
    I'm going to use the box too because it's so much easier when you have a plain background and direct light.
    When I look at Joyce's set up on her drawing table. So simple and compact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley,
    Really like it! I was going to ask you if you mean a shadow box until I saw Mary's comment. I just use cardboard. I like your landscapes also. Very atmospheric, good color.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails