Sunday, January 13, 2008

Strawberry Jar, 6x6 Acrylic


There is an upcoming show featuring the color RED for February, and I've been thinking of what to enter.  At the studio (no, I didn't photograph it yet) I'm working on a fairly large (for me) painting of a little red sailboat being 'guided' by a little boy.  Hoooo-boy - can I pick a complicated subject?  Let's just say it may not get finished!  Hopefully this will be a good workweek and I can post some photos in my studio blog, too.  I bought this little jar of strawberries because it was so beautiful.  I can't imagine that they taste so good, but I decided to take a shot at painting them today.

I used a black 'box' like a lot of the daily painters do (I think Carol Marine and Jeff Hayes and Shawn Kenney use them), with a directed light.  I'll admit it's easier when everything else in the world is taken out of the picture.  Let me know what you think of this.  I liked that it was glass, and then the berries with their luminescent color under the glass, and then - seeds!  Thanks for looking!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I like it Kelley.
    I'm going to use the box too because it's so much easier when you have a plain background and direct light.
    When I look at Joyce's set up on her drawing table. So simple and compact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley,
    Really like it! I was going to ask you if you mean a shadow box until I saw Mary's comment. I just use cardboard. I like your landscapes also. Very atmospheric, good color.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful rendition of the subject!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails