https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crescent Moon, 8x10 Oil

***This is NOT a Daily Painting, but I'm including it to show I actually have been working!***





The Cats had escaped, and Harry was among the missing for a couple of hours last night. It's a huge game with him, and eluding me is his 'mission', so I decided to relax a bit and paint a nocturne while I was waiting for his hunger to kick in. This is the scene that unfolded over Aquidneck Island and I was thrilled to be able to work on a nocturne. Harry came back when it was no longer fun to hide from me, and in the meantime I was thinking of Charles Sovek and his 'rivers of light' that indicate the currents in the water. I think of Sovek often these days, as I was fully intending to try to take another workshop with him next Summer, and now that he's passed away, that chance is gone. Yet another in a seemingly endless stream of reminders that life is transitory, and we need to stop putting things that we want to do off...

**This is a horrible photo of this piece.. will try for a better one today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    I love your work. I followed your comment on Carol Marine's page and found you!

    I had to comment about your thoughts on Charles Sovek...I, too, had planned to take a workshop next summer and am mourning that lost opportunity.

    The only good thing to come of it is that I looked to fill the void since I didn't apply to this summer's classes in time and I found Carol. I am signed up for her workshop in Santa Fe in Sept. and am way excited about it!

    Anyway, I jsut wanted to commiserate with a fellow Sovek fan.

    Keep Painting!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails