https://kelleymacdonaldart.com

My Website

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mother's Day, 6x6 Oil


I figured it was time to paint flowers other than tulips! I find flowers a real challenge, and so tend to avoid them. These roses were a gift on Mothers' Day from my oldest son, Rory, who is so thoughtful and always good to me - he knows how much I love to have fresh flowers on my table! So this is the first pass at the roses, and I will do more before my stint at Boston's Beacon Hill Artwalk http://www.beaconhillartwalk.org/ where I will be on Sunday June 3rd. I'd love to see any of you if you're in the area... best be for parking would be the garage under the Common. My Daily Paintings will be for sale there - at a higher cost, due to my own increased cost. HOWEVER, if you mention to me that you saw a painting on the Blog and wanted to see it in person before buying it, I will give you the Blog price of $100, unframed! At any rate, come say 'Hello'!

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Love the colors. You handled the petals so well with the different colors and values of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet of your son too! You are a lucky mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I'm so looking forward to BHAW :D

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails