Monday, April 16, 2007

FlowerBomb, 5x7 Acrylic



What would you do if you got new cologne - me, too - PAINT IT! This is 'FlowerBomb' by Victor & Rolf (whoever THEY are) that I got talked into at Nordstrom's on Saturday night. Tim likes it and it's a pretty bottle. It's growing on me, but not my usual stuff. My 'scent expert' is my friend Joan, who will give me the 'yay' or 'nay' when she sees me.

I keep stuggling with glass and reflective surfaces. Some more successful than others. I wonder how much of the less successful stuff I should put out on the blog. But it's a blog, and not a 'website' for strict sales purposes. If I can have fun and share what I'm working on, I'm happy! If other people like it and let me know, so much the better! Thanks to everyone who submits a comment. Each one is appreciated!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. OK, I'll comment first. I hate this. Boring composition. Predictable light patterns through the glass. No personality. I'll do it again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh but the cap is really good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know. You make a good point. It can be about the process and the gaps in my blog are either work that didn't turn out quite the way I envisioned. I'm in awe of artists who can bang out one great work after another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and about the painting.









    Oh, and the painting isn't bad but next time try a darker background that really sets off the bottle. As usual, your drawing skills are sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie - :)
    You know you can't really 'pull' a post, right? There's the date and then .... nothing. I've TRIED! Thanks you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelley, what are you talking about?? OH! my question on my blog?! thanks, I'm so NOT a computer geek. And I agree with Mary try it with some dramatic moody lighting and POW!
    ...cant wait to see the tulips and windmills!

    ReplyDelete

Awww THANKS for leaving a comment! You KNOW I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails